Sunday 31 January 2010

The Cut Line workshops

With my current show I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to hold several workshops in Starts gallery in downtown Taipei. One was for adults and one for children. Both workshops were great fun, the participants were keen and during the short time they were there they worked really hard and produced some beautiful work.

With the adults I focused on cutting butterflies using craft knives. This allowed us to explore symmetry and the numerous effects different cut marks can make.

The kids cut out symmetrical tiger faces using scissors (it'll soon be the year of the tiger.). They also decorated masks using scrap silk paper bits (the left overs from my paper cutting). It was a great way to use up some of my huge store of silk paper scraps, which I never throw away! The results were impressive. I just wish we had more time to completely finish them.



No comments: