Monday 4 April 2011

New Show!


I’ve always admired those artists who can keep a regular blog. I, on the other hand find it hard at times to write – Maybe it’s because of the solitary lifestyle of the artist or maybe it’s laziness or not having anything to say.

I suppose my 3 month hiatus includes all of the above and more!


2011 is looking to be busy (but not yet busy enough to give up the day job!) I have my first major overseas exposure in Japan, which is exciting while my Taipei show will include children and adult workshops.


Taipei Tales,

ARC, Taipei, Taiwan

April 2nd – 30th, 2011


Kirie (Paper Cutting) of the World,

Fujikawa Kirie Art Museum, Fujikawa, Japan

July 9–September 25, 2011


Here’s the opening party for the ARC show. The press were on hand (I wasn’t expecting that!). Click here to see a video and article in Chinese.

The centrepieces of the show were two x 2m cut silk scrolls. One was a reworking of a previous piece called Boom Boom Vroom! and the other was ‘Typhoon Tales’. Both involve my 'Daniel Dangerous Dancing Boy' characters as they get into all kinds of mischief on their scooters. I’ll write more about them in the next post


Typhoon Tales

Boom! Boom! Vroom!

1 comment:

John Speight said...

The scrolls look absolutely AWESOME Tim!!
Good luck with the exhibition.